Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, June 21, 2009

It is well with my soul

One of my favourite pieces of music is "On a Hymnsong" which uses the words:

When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou has taught me to know
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Today, the band had the privilege to play this tune in our service - Only a small group as some of our members where away with the MSB. We enjoy a special place in worship and music is very much an integral part of our worship at Preston.

Life can get very hectic and stressful at times - some times we need to take time and take stock of what our "lot" is in life - whether it good, bad or ugly, it is great to know God is in control.

Knowing this fact, it helps us to sing the refrain - It is well, It is well with my soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment