Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Friday, April 23, 2010

After picking up a new iPhone - I uploaded a Bible application. It has links to contributions by people from all over the world that share their thoughts on specific topics and Bible verses.



I came across this one last night from JArno1d - You would think it came straight from me - I couldn't have said it better !



After much thought and prayer after a week of struggling to really focusing on the word of God, I really wanted to focus on what it truly means to follow Jesus. So many times I get caught up in trying to please myself and others doing what I feel is good for God’s kingdom, but am I really doing it for his Glory?



This is a question I have to ask myself sometimes. Am I doing it to please myself, others or God? But as I realize now it is not about me, nor is it about anybody else. It is all for God and God alone. I am ready to rid myself and give it all over to God. Let all Glory go to God. With this let us listen to what God commands of us and follow Jesus daily.

Something that God has really laid on my heart lately is truly being a Disciple of Christ. God commands us to go seek after the lost and make Disciples of Christ. You can find this in Matthew 28:19 as it says,” Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” This is just one of the many verses throughout the New Testament with this commandment. The word disciple derives from the Greek word mathetes which translates to, a learner. A disciple is someone who learns from Jesus and strives to be like him. It is a follower of Jesus Christ.

Being a disciple of Christ I am still striving to learn as much as I can through God’s word and to follow Jesus as close as I possibly can. In Luke chapter 9 we can learn what the cost of following Jesus truly is. The first few verses I want us to look at are chapter 9 verses 23-24. It says, “Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.”” Reading along through verses 57-62 it has made me realize what God wants us to do in following His son. In verse 58 it reads, “Jesus replied, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”” After the verse the man Jesus is telling him to follow responds with him wanting to go bury his father. In verse 62 it tells us that, “Jesus replied, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”” I just want Christians, as followers of Christ, to understand that it does not matter what we have in this world.




The Greek translation for follow is akoloutheo. It means to follow, reach, or to be in the same with. We must take up our cross daily and follow Jesus. Reach and cry out for him. Philippians 2:2 reads, “then make my joy complete by being like minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.” We must give up everything for the Glory of God and follow him. With everything it can mean absolutely everything. We need to strive to be like Jesus. Live in the spirit not of your flesh. Do not live for the things of this world, but for the creator of the world. Don’t be ashamed of the gospel. Preach the word. Be bold in your faith and let your works be for the Glory of God in your everyday life.



I pray that God allows us to realize that we really can do anything in Him who strengthens us. Praise God and let us rejoice for one another. Are you willing to give up your life for God and in the name of your Savior?

This is awesome ! Again - just what I needed to hear.

I am blown away in how God is communicating with me - I pray for wisdom and understanding - as I'm a little slow - and that His way will become clear and "service" has a new meaning n my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment