Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Monday, April 12, 2010

Frustration - Faith - Future

Frustration is a common emotional response to opposition. Related to anger and disappointment, it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will. The greater the obstruction, and the greater the will, the more the frustration is likely to be.

Sound familiar ??

I particularly like the part "individual will".

As time moves steadily onwards and no signed letters of contract of employment, my needs / wants - my will are/is a continual source of frustration. How much negativity surrounds the process of looking for full time employment ?? It makes it very difficult to remain positive and enter interviews with a calmness and yet boldness to make the prospective employer want you. It casts doubts on your abilities and unfortunately increases doubts about you as a person of worth.

I read this week that doubt can lead to greater faith

I found myself looking at the following song in the Salvation Army song book that echoes my thoughts today.

SASB 488 (Bramwell Coles)

Strength for my weakness, Lord, impart,
Sight for my blindness give to me;
Faith for my doubtings, Lord, I would crave,
That I may serve thee worthily.

Here at the cross in this sacred hour
Here at the source of reviving power,
Helpless indeed, I come with my need
Lord, for thy service, fit me I plead.


Can increases in doubt - increase our faith ??

As frustrations increase and doubts get bigger, I guess it is conceivable that one should trust that God has it all worked out - FAITH - (Forsaking All I Trust Him) and he IS bigger than our failings, frustrations and doubts.

I guess in my case it's not necessarily that I don't trust, it's just that my patience/endurance is almost at an end. If I could see the future - all would be OK - A future whereby we (Nat, Imogen, Maddison, Willow and I) are living without the stresses of insecurity and doubts.

I know God has provided for us in the past and we are "getting by" in the present - but what does the future hold ??

I heard a song today that I had never heard before - by a band I had never heard of either.

I was reminded that what ever has happen in the past - whatever we are doing in the present - and what his has planned for me (us) in the future - He loves us.

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

That He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment