Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Speak To Me!

Exodus 3:1-3 (The Message).
Moses was shepherding the flock of Jethro, his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. He led the flock to the west end of the wilderness and came to the mountain of God, Horeb.  The angel of God appeared to him in flames of fire blazing out of the middle of a bush. He looked. The bush was blazing away but it didn’t burn up.  Moses said, “What’s going on here? I can’t believe this! Amazing! Why doesn’t the bush burn up?”


I have struggled over the past few weeks to try and find some "inspiration" that came thick and fast last year.  It seems to have stopped as suddenly as it came.

I blogged 71 times in 52 weeks - Not a bad effort and so many words that helped me through the year.

I don't know if it is because I am in a better place than I was this time last year, but I still feel I am no where near where I should (or need to) be.

So where are you God ?

I know I have to be still and stop talking so that I can listen, but maybe I need the burning bush to get my attention !!

We sang "Be Still For The Presence Of The Lord" on Sunday and read Isaiah 41 (see below) but still I'm struggling to "hear" anything.

Another Blog I am following has changed it's content this year, but as I read it late last night the following song was introduced (all 7 verses).  I'm pretty sure I have used some of these verses last year but (finally) some words of comfort - and my sincere prayer - for my continuing journey !!

Lord, speak to me that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone;
As Thou has sought, so let me seek
Thine erring children lost and lone.

O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.

O strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.

O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
The hidden depths of many a heart.

O give Thine own sweet rest to me,
That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee,
To weary ones in needful hour.

O fill me with Thy fullness, Lord,
Until my very heart overflow
In kindling thought and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.

O use me, Lord, use even me,
Just as Thou wilt, and when, and where,
Until Thy blessèd face I see,
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share.


Isaiah41:1 (The Message).
“Quiet down, far-flung ocean islands. Listen!
Sit down and rest, everyone. Recover your strength.
Gather around me. Say what’s on your heart.
Together let’s decide what’s right

No comments:

Post a Comment