Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seekers Of Your Heart

Acts 17:26-28a (The Message).
26  Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living 27  so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn’t play hide-and-seek with us. He’s not remote; he’s near. 28  We live and move in him, can’t get away from him!


I was listening to my music again the other day when a song that is new to me played - out of the blue.  I had to get Nat to listen to it as I thought I needed to share it with someone - fast!!

I don't have much else to say today (I know that's hard to believe) but the lyrics are great and the melody was "haunting" enough to stop me in my tracks.

It was a "gentle" reminder to me that I must continue to give God - FIRST place.

I need constant renewing and refilling - I struggle as to know why? 
Am I the only one that feels this way?

I question, again and again, if I'm doing something wrong - but in this prayer I acknowledge that I DO need God to be ever present in this journey and I can gain nothing without his presence in my life.

Until we give You first place,
Until we let You begin
To fill us with your spirit,
Renew us from within.
Nothing matters,
Nothing's gained.
Without your Holy presence,
Our lives are lived in vain.

Chorus
Lord we want to know You,
Live our lives to show You,
All the love we owe You,
We're seekers of your heart.

Because your heart was broken,
Because You saw the need,
Because You gave so freely,
Because of Calvary,
We can now be,
Called your own,
Complete creations,
Filled with You alone,

Lord we want to know You,

Live our lives to show You,
All the love we owe You,
We're seekers of your heart.

My prayer:
Lord I want to know you.
I want to live my life to show you more and more.
My you be the centre of everything I do.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment