Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Conference Call

Luke 19:45-48 (The Message).
Going into the Temple he began to throw out everyone who had set up shop, selling everything and anything. He said, “It’s written in Scripture, My house is a house of prayer; You have turned it into a religious bazaar.” From then on he taught each day in the Temple. The high priests, religion scholars, and the leaders of the people were trying their best to find a way to get rid of him. But with the people hanging on every word he spoke, they couldn’t come up with anything.


Over the past two weeks I have been involved in three conferences. Two for work and one for music.

In all three conferences the message was clear:

If you don't have the passion for what you do (or what you are required to do) on a day to day basis, and are not passionate about the organisation's mission and values, why are you doing it ?

It was stated;

If you don't believe it, or your hearts not in it - Why are you doing it ?

The conferences highlighted, again, that I believe I'm in the right place at the moment, and I believe that God has his hand on my (and my families) life.

Why wouldn't a Christian (Salvationist) want to work for an organisation that he/she believes in.

Yes there are "politics", but on the whole, this organisations beliefs and values are one that I support 100%.

And guess what ? So do many people in "public land", and whilst PR is an awesome role, it comes with great responsibility.

I was reminded again by Stuart in our band devotions at Preston on Tuesday night about what we hold as a priority in our life and what is important - Certainly God, Family, Employment, "Others", Sport are - but in what order...

I think I've used this song before, but it's my prayer (again) for today.

Give me a passion for You, Lord,
I want to know You more.
Give me a heart that is true, Lord,
To seek You like never before.
Renew my mind,
Renew my spirit,
To walk in Your holiness.


Open my eyes, I want to see,
Visions of You living through me.
Open my heart, cause me to love,
For I want to follow You,
Follow You with all my heart.

Give me a passion to serve You,
I want to follow on.
Give me the power to choose You,
When all of the feelings are gone.
Renew my will,
For I am determined
To walk with You every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment