Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, March 20, 2011

In My Life Lord - Be Glorified

I was looking through some music this afternoon, when I came across a tune that I had forgotten about.  We (Launceston) used to play it as the brass arrangement was written by one of our own.

I remembered the words to the chorus, but was stopped in my tracks by the lyrics of the first line of the first verse.

Today at Preston, we had an excellent church service with the Melbourne Staff Songsters leading us in a great time of worship.

The music was excellent and the the worship experience (for me anyway) was fantastic.

The Band played a new arrangement of Abide With Me (Creamer).  The group did an exceptional job and the comments after the meeting were very encouraging.

I suppose the issue of "what do I do it for", was raised (again) in my head.  I have Blogged before that I know that it's not all about me and that our efforts on Sunday's or in a concert setting are for His glory - NOT mine.

So whilst I believe we (Preston Brass) did an exceptional job today and many people commented - I believe that we are all on the same page and we are in it for God's glory and His alone.


Lord I long to see You glorified
In ev'rything I do.
All my heartfelt dreams I put aside
To see Your Spirit move with power in my life.

Jesus, Lord of all eternity,
Your children rise in faith.
All earth displays Your glory,
And each word You speak,
Brings life to all who hear.


Lord of all,
All of creation
Sings Your praise
In heaven and earth.
Lord we stand,
Hearts open wide.
Be exalted!


Today's Prayer:

I'm your child,
I give my life to you,
Wholly available,
Faithful and true.

And in my life,
Let your light be seen,
So that the world may know,
I am your child.

Take me, Lord,
I am your child,
Send me, Lord,
Set my heart on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment