Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Would Be True

This morning I had an interesting "revelation" as I was driving to work. ( it's difficult to drive when your heart's beating out of your chest and your eyes are full of tears!! )

Listening to my iPod and with music on "shuffle", an old Salvation Army March began and I sung along with much gusto.

Although I have never played the March before I had heard it a couple of months ago.

The revelation was that I am NOT living up to the words I was singing. I have been so busy over the past few weeks I have begun to slip back into my old ways - very little prayer - very little devotions - very little focus on God - and not attending church (once).

SASB 491

I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.

Jesus will help me,
He is my friend;
He'll lead and I will follow
Till life's very end.

I would be friend of all - the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up and laugh and love and lift.


I have had the line "I would be true for there are those who trust me" at the forefront of my life as I have had many leadership positions within the church. I have felt it necessary to be true to God as people that you lead need to be able to trust there leaders. I'm feeling a little flat at present and wonder what others are seeing - someone showing signs of little motivation and unsteadiness I would expect.

The line "I would be pure, for there are those who care" . what can I say - pure in thought, word and deed - failing miserably at present. Don't get me wrong - I have not turned to the "dark side", but just some days are worse than others and I know I should/could/must be better.

Next comes "I would be strong, for there is much to suffer", "I would be brave, for there is much to dare." - not feeling very strong or brave at present - finding too easy to go with the flow.

Jesus, please help me to be true, pure, strong and brave.
Jesus, take my hand - lead me and I will follow 'till life's very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment