Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 5 - A little freedom

Some freedom at last - even if it was for a few hours. Great to catch up with family and friends.

Spent the rest of the day relaxing with the football (Hawks let me down again). Caught up with Merlin, Prince Arthur and Sir Lancelot too - Good times.

Not sure if the Blog will continue as many people said they had seen it as it now updates Face book. I may need to be careful what I say..... (I'm a little shy too)

Still on the religious note - with the SA Training College beckoning ( or so says our CO's ) .. ... We sang another song today speaking of the will of God.

Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiners fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You my Master
Ready to do Your will


As a musician (?) it's easy to assist in worship and, with God's help, bring people closer to God through music.

I wonder some times if we are "in tune" with him. I have the privilege of sitting between 2 MSB Members who offer their musical wisdom freely - especially over the past few weeks about my tuning and being a little "sharp" in places. Sometimes on Sundays I don't feel "sharp" - a little flat mostly - and to get "in tune" with the band takes concentration, patience, perseverance and listening closely to what's happening around me. The same can be said to get "in tune" with God.


If I'm honest, I don't think I even know what Gods will is in my life at present. I believe moving to Melbourne, worshipping at Preston SA and playing in the band is all part of the plan - but I think I'm missing something, somewhere (Sandy & Daryl - if you reading this.... No call to Officership - sorry)


I think I need to spend some more time in pray, reading the bible and perhaps stop to listen a bit more - I'm sure the answers will come.


Some questions still need to be answered...

If we aren't doing His will, how do we know if we are ready to do it ??
Are we doing it already and we just don't know it ?? Is this good enough ??
If we are doing His will, are we doing it well ?? What should we do to step up our efforts ??
Should we be doing more ??
What more can we do ??



My prayer for today...( and for the future )

If on my soul a trace of sin remaineth
If on my hands a stain may yet be seen
If one dark thought a weary mind a weary mind retaineth
Then wash me, Lord, till every part be clean.

For I would live that men may see thyself in me
I would in faith ascend thy holy hill
And with my thoughts in tune with thy divinity
Would learn how best to do thy holy will.




No comments:

Post a Comment