Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Launceston Citadel

I was feeling a little nostalgic today whilst listening to music and the March - Launceston Citadel (Noel Jones) played loudly in my ears.

It brought back many memories of my "growing up" days - serving God in that place - although my service was limited to music.

Over the events of the past few weeks, I thought it good to share the words to the tunes featured in the music.

We'll never let the old flag fall,
For we love it best of all;
We've taken the field for God and right,
We're in this war to fight! fight! fight!
We'll march to victory while we sing
The praises of our Lord and King;
To the end of the world our flag unfurled,
We'll never let the old flag fall.

I've put my feet on the highway,
Parted with all that's wrong,
Facing the sun, my journey's begun
And in my heart there's the burden of a song!

"Oldies but goodies".

I remember the days when we would regularly march in the streets of Launceston - unfortunately we don't do this much these days.

A "March Of Witness" is what we used to call it.  We were Loud and Proud as we stopped traffic and pedestrians alike.

I wonder if our urge to fight! fight! fight! as waned somewhat over the years.

Where is our Journey heading?  In what direction?  In whose direction?  Are we willing to sing praises to our Lord and King, or are we happy with self praise and recognition?

Psalm 16:11 (The Message)
Now you’ve got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face. Ever since you took my hand, I’m on the right way.

Isaiah 58:11 (The Message)
I will always show you where to go.  I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places - firm muscles, strong bones.  You’ll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry.

Romans 8:14 (The Message)
God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I was thinking the other day that we should march down to Preston Market and do an open air one day. It's only 100 metres and it's in a straight line!

    ReplyDelete