Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Time Well Spent.

John 15:4-5
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.  “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.


Since the commencement of my new job with the Salvation Army, I have been very busy trying to understand my role and learn from my team.  I have had many thoughts on how I should cover my territory in the most productive way and complete the assigned visit schedule within the allotted time frame.

I have even started my old habits of "working" after hours (and in the middle of the night).  Whilst I put this down to eagerness to preform at my best, it can (and has previously) taken up all my time and energy, which in turn takes away my eagerness to understand God's will for my life.

I certainly have enjoyed the last 8 months of drawing closer to God through time spent reading, blogging, praying, worshipping and most of all listening.

It has been an awesome time - even though I had no idea what the future held, I began to understand what FAITH was all about.

It was just this week, I felt I had been a little slack on my Blog, and wondered why I had not been inspired to share some more of my story and song.  It was then I realised (again listening to music on my iPhone - as I do every day - this is not new) that I had stopped doing some of the things I had been doing over the past 8 months or so.

I had not been spending time in His presence. 

To spend time (quietly) with God has given me new hope and direction over this time, but I seem to be too busy now to get up close and personal with Him.

It came crashing through as I listened to the words to this song:

There he was just waiting, in our old familiar place.
An empty spot beside him, where once I used to wait.
To be filled with strength and wisdom for the battles of the day,
I would have passed him by again if I didn't hear him say.

I miss my time with you
Those moments together
I need to be with you each day
And it hurts me when you say
You're too busy
Busy trying to serve me
But how can you serve me
When your spirit's empty
There's a longing in my heart
Wanting more than just a part of you
It's true
I miss my time with you

What do I have to offer, how can I truly care -
My efforts have no meaning when your presence isn't there.
But you will provide the power if I take time to pray,
I'll stay right here beside him and you will never have to say.

God forgive me for letting things slip.  Thank you for your patience over the past several months and I ask, again, for your guidance in my life - I need you more and more each day.


Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

I need you more
More than yesterday
I need you more
More than words can say
I need you more
Than ever before
I need you more
I need you more.

More than the air I breath
More than the song I sing
More than the next heart beat
More than anything
And Lord as time goes by
I'll be by your side.
'Cause I never want to go back
To my old life.

No comments:

Post a Comment