Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Friday, August 6, 2010

Stop, Look And Listen.

God is with us when we go, when we respond, when we hear, when we listen.
From the book :  Jesus Wants To Save Christians (Rob Bell and Don Golden)

I have been contemplating this quote again this week as I have completed week 2 of my new role.  Next week I go it alone - well sort of - I have the support of my team, my department and Line Manager.

I take comfort, too, in the fact that I have asked God to be in the centre of this role and I have the confidence in Him for future.

Early on this year, I heard a great prayer song that I used as part of my daily devotions - This was used extensively as I "pleaded" with God to find the right path for me (and my family).  It is simple in its words but a powerful prayer (plea) none the less.

I knew I couldn't do anything alone, and I needed God to take control of my circumstances - and I thank Him for when I finally stopped asking and spent some time listening, he promised to go with me - in whatever circumstances life "threw" at me.

Lead me on Holy Spirit.
Fill my heart - come flood my soul.
Lead me on into your presence,
Touch me Lord Jesus I need you.
Cause I can't live without you,
I can't walk this road alone.
In my heart I need you,
Holy one come take my hand.

I can't live without you,
I can't walk this road alone.
In my heart I need you,
Holy one come take my hand.


I would also encourage anyone else who may be reading this today, that it maybe time to spend some time with God - Asking him to take control of your life / circumstances and not be afraid to let God take control and lead you into His presence and accept the truth - God is with us when we go, when we respond, when we hear, when we listen.

SASB 482
Dear Lord, I do surrender
Myself, my all, to thee;
My time, my store, my talents,
So long withheld by me.
I've heard the call for workers,
The world's great need I see,
O send me to the rescue,
I'm here, my Lord, send me!

Here am I , my Lord, send me,
Here am I, my Lord, send me.
I surrender all to obey thy call,
Here am I, my Lord, send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment