Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Monday, September 13, 2010

As For Me And My House....

Joshua 24:15 (The Message).
“If you decide that it’s a bad thing to worship God, then choose a god you’d rather serve—and do it today. Choose one of the gods your ancestors worshiped from the country beyond The River, or one of the gods of the Amorites, on whose land you’re now living. As for me and my family, we’ll worship God.”

As I prepared for our church service yesterday - with a focus on our 125th Anniversary (albeit it we only came in 2008), I was reminded of an "old" song which asks the question - who's side are you on?

I knew we were going to have a great time of celebration - of the past, present and future, but I was challenged even before we left for church about where do I sit in the scheme of things here in the Preston Salvation Army.

Am I willing to be a part of the future and be a force that God can use in His service?

SASB 707
Who is on the Lord's side?  Who will serve the King?
Who will be his helpers other lives to bring?
Who will leave the world's side?  Who will face the foe?
Who is on the Lord's side?  Who for him will go?

By thy grand redemption, by thy grace divine,
We are on the Lord's side; Saviour, we are thine.

Not for weight of glory, not for crown and palm,
Enter we the army, raise the warrior psalm;
But for love that claimeth lives for whom he died;
He whom Jesus nameth must be on his side.

Jesus, thou hast bought us, not with gold or gem,
But with thine own life-blood for thy diadem.
With thy blessing filling each who comes to thee,
Thou hast made us willing, thou hast made us free.

Fierce may be the conflict, strong may be the foe,
But the King's own army none can overthrow.
Round his standard ranging, victory is secure,
For his truth unchanging makes the triumph sure.

Master, thou wilt keep us, by thy grace divine.
Always on the Lord's side, Saviour, always thine.


Before we left for church, I looked this song up in a book that was given to me many years ago (Amazing Grace - 366 Inspiring Hymn Stories for Daily Devotion) and found the above verse in Joshua, which ends in the statement - "As for me and my house, we're gonna serve the Lord".


The challenges for me (us) today are:

Whose side are you on?

Are we (you) willing to be an integral part of the future of His (Salvation) Army here in this place?

Are we (you) in a position to say "as for me and my house, we're going to serve the Lord?"

No comments:

Post a Comment