Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inhabit (or Inhibit) Our Praise

After working my way through a new CD that I purchased a couple of weeks ago (MSS - God Is..), I was reminded of the way things can effect my worship time and things that have come to inhibit my praise.

Inhibit:
Transitive verb. to hold back or keep from some action, feeling, etc.; check or repress;

I'm not sure if I can capture all the things that come into my life that inhibit my praise and why I even let them (sometimes) take control of my time.  Having said that, I don't think I'm alone in this issue.

My days leading up to Sunday's are now enjoyable and spending time with people who, for many, reasons are supporters of this organisation that has both Christian/church focus and a social emphasis too.  I certainly have had a change in direction in employment terms, but it has given me more time to focus on things that are important and the things that make me a better person/Christian.

Some things like worry, stress, time constraints, other peoples priorities (that are not the same as mine) all can get in the way of worship, prayer and praise - why do we allow these things to inhibit our praise?

I need to stop and take control of these inhibitors of my praise and concentrate on the things that ensure my worship is found to be worthy and that God inhabits my praise.

From every nation all across this world,
We come to celebrate your life - Gods love to us revealed.
Holy and righteous, pure in all your ways,
Worthy and eternal one - Inhabit our praise.

We give you the honour
We give you the glory
We come to lift up your name
God inhabit our praise.

We give you the honour,
We give you the glory.
Jesus we welcome you here,
As your presence draws near.

Lift up the Father, lavished on this world,
Lamb of God, word made flesh, who came to save and heal.

King of the angels, author of our days,
Merciful, anointed one - Inhabit our praise.

We give you the honour
We give you the glory
We come to lift up your name
God inhabit our praise.

We give you the honour,
We give you the glory.
Jesus we welcome you here,
As your presence draws near.

Lifting up your name
Giving you our praise
We're lifting up your name
Giving you our praise

We give you the honour
We give you the glory
We come to lift up your name
God inhabit our praise.

We give you the honour,
We give you the glory.
Jesus we welcome you here,
As your presence draws near.


Philippians 4:5-9 (The Message).
Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you’re on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive.  He could show up any minute!

Don’t fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray. 

Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. 

It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. 

Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. 

Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized.  Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment