Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Do I (You) Look Like

Matthew 5:16 (NIV).
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.


On September 20th, I turned the Daily Verse and Quote Of The Day booklet at THQ over to find the above verse and this quote:

Is your life a witness, with testimony true?
Could the world be won to Christ by what others see in you?
Paul L. Powers.

I thought it would be a good text to use in my Blog as I have often wondered - What do I look like to others around me?

Nat and I have a favourite pass time - People Watching.  It usually happens in a crowded Shopping Centre and whilst we see some interesting (?) sights, I often wonder what people would see in me when I'm out and about in public. 

It's easy on Sunday's for others to see a certain side of me that hopefully is pleasing in His sight.  I put on my uniform and "play" my part to the best of my ability.  Now, during my week days, I am clothed in the same uniform (well almost) and get to move amongst the people of Victoria - Is the outward appearance a true reflection of my inward being?

Just because we might look good (?) and we "act" good when we are "on show", doesn't always reflect our true selves.

I hadn't added the quote and Bible verse to my Blog until now.  I was reminded by my fellow Blogger (Ian R) in his Blog - The Key To Life.

http://21stcenturysoap.blogspot.com/2010/09/key-to-life.html

Thanks again for this reminder.

I love the song in our Song Book (that I used several months ago) that summed up what I wanted in my life back then.  I don't think the prayer has changed - I know I have changed (hopefully for the better) but, still it's a prayer that continues to echo in my mind and in my heart.

Christ of Glory, Prince of Peace,
Let thy life in mine increase;
Though I live may it be shown
'Tis thy life and not my own.
Dwell within, that men may see
Christ in me,
Christ, the living Christ, in me.

Answer now my soul's desire,
Purge my heart with holy fire,
Soothe the hurt with gentle balm,
Breathe within my life thy charm,
Fill me now, so shall there be
Christ in me,
Christ, the holy Christ, in me.

Gracious Lord, thy grace apply,
Both to save and sanctify;
All my life wilt thou control,
Calmly ordering the whole,
That the world may ever see
Christ in me,
Christ, and only Christ, in me.
SASB 479

No comments:

Post a Comment