Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The 1st day of the rest of my life.

Tomorrow begins another chapter in the continuing struggle for answers that I have been searching for for the past several months.


I have constantly been reminded that these struggles teach perseverance. I'm starting to question how many struggles and how long will it take - bearing in mind that the circumstances of this week have been an accumulation of several months situations.


My devotional readings continue to amaze me as each day new entries on the same theme appear with more poking and prodding and are helping me understand (albeit a little slowly) the process surrounding my circumstances.


Thoughts for today...


Some problems can be solved by careful thought or by rearranging our priorities. Some can be solved by discussion and good counsel, but some problems can be solved only by prayer. We should make a determined effort to pray when we feel like complaining, because complaining only raises our level of stress. Prayer quiets our thoughts and emotions and prepares us to listen.


Today the band played a beautiful arrangement called "From Earth's Confusion"


Prayer gently lifts me to highest Heaven
From earth's confusion to Jesus' breast;
My sin and weakness, my doubt and sorrow,
Are lost for ever in sweetest rest.
SACB 94


The problems that we run into will develop our patience - which in turn will strengthen our character, deepen our trust in God and give us greater confidence about the future.


With Christ's peace we have no need to fear the present or the future. If your life is full of stress, allow the Holy Spirit to fill you with Christ's peace.

God brings you into places, among people and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you.

I still do not know what a "definite purpose" is for my life, but I trust he knows best and all will be revealed in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment