Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Monday, November 30, 2009

All Fired Up !!

There is a saying - "All dressed up with no place to go", well I'm All Fired Up with no place to go (yet).

Having made a conscious decision to want to do something better for my life and the lives of others, I now have to wait patiently for the right "fit" for the future.

I was very interested to hear our Territorial Leader (for the Salvation Army) put out the "call" for people to work for the Army in varying capacities. Usually it is a call for Officership (Ministers), but this year was different for me and as my circumstances and focus have changed over the past several weeks and months - I wait with anticipation for what God's plan is for the future - not only myself, but of my family too.

A favourite (secular) song from an up and coming TV show, GLEE (sad I know) reads;

What do you say to taking chances ?
What do you say to jumping off the edge ?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay
What do you say ?

I know it's a long shot, but again it makes me wonder that what is jumping off the edge of my comfort zone will bring - not knowing if there is solid ground below or a hand to hold.

There are so many references regarding Christ the Solid Rock and How Firm a Foundation in the bible and in the songs we sing each Sunday that it is impossible not to know that looking back over the past, albeit sometime tough, we (Nat and I) have not strayed too far from this truth. We stepped out several years ago when we moved to North Queensland and he was always with us when we were so far from home. Moving back to Tassie 8 years ago was also a move that, I believe, was a part of Gods plan for us and, with the move to Melbourne for family medical reasons 18 months ago, I can only trust that God has got it all worked out.

Words that have been used for Vocal with a Brass accompaniment - "He's always been faithful" sums up this Blog for today.

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of Gods hand in mine
Season by season I watch him amazed
In awe of the mystery of his perfect ways
All I have need of, his hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only and trusting his hand
All I have need of, his hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the story I've heard for so long
God has been faithful, he will be again
His loving compassion it knows no end
All I have need of his hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

I am looking forward with anticipation and some hesitation this week as my patience / endurance is tested yet again - with some more interviews in the latter part of the week.

I pray for guidance and wisdom to know what the (right) path is for my journey, and strength to "Let Go and Let God".

No comments:

Post a Comment