Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where to next ?

Whilst I am still enjoying my "holiday" albeit enforced, I have had some additional time to reflect on the past 18 months since arriving in Melbourne.

Today, in some relative quiet time, I watched the NYSB on DVD as they played a well know "old" favourite arrangement - The Light Of The World".

It uses a beautiful tune "Aurelia" and used the words:

O Jesus I have promised to serve thee to the end
Be thou for ever near me, my Master and my friend
I shall not fear the battle if thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway, if thou wilt be me guide.

O let me feel thee near me; the world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle, the tempting sounds I hear.
My foes are ever near me, around me and within;
But Jesus draw thou nearer and shield my soul from sin.

O let me hear thee speaking in accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion, the murmurs of self-will.
O speak to reassure me, to chasten or control;
O speak to make me listen, thou Guardian of my soul.

O Jesus that has promised to all who follow thee,
That where thou art in Glory, there shall thy servant be;
And, Jesus, I have promised to serve thee to the end;
O give me grace to follow, my Master and my friend.

John Ernest Bodie (1816-74)
SASB 862

As the search continues for employment and the right "fit" in service, I am mindful of promises made in he past and a few made in the present.

I am still hopeful that God's plans are made known before my plans (or self-will) stuff things up
- Jesus I have promised to serve thee to the end; O give me grace to follow, my Master and my friend,

No comments:

Post a Comment