Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Paul's thoughts for this week !!

I have been trying to "up the time" spent on reading some daily devotional commentaries - not an enjoyable experience for me (reading that is)

I have found some very challenging ideas this week as another week of "struggles" with certain aspects of my life as been and gone.

I have found several verses in the book of James very helpful and inspirational this week.

James 1:3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow

James 1:5 If you need wisdom (don't we all) ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.. 1:6 but when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.

I have been praying - asking for some wisdom on decisions relating to employment for several months now and I continue to seek what the plans for my future employment have in store.

James 1:12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

So whilst I continue to seek Gods plan, I have stepped up the prayer and reflection - even visiting the "Prayer Room" at our church on Wednesday lunch time - again reading James and reflecting on several more verses that jumped off the page (so to speak)

James 5:16b The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

Not sure if I would honestly call myself a "righteous" person, but I'm working on it.
Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment