Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, November 1, 2009

F A I T H - Forsaking All I Trust Him

Not an easy thing to do - trust !

I have been trying to find some sense in the past few weeks/months of my employment circumstances and how better to "serve".

Nat and I (and Imogen and Maddison) came to Melbourne over 12 months ago for what I thought was God centred decision. Imogen's surgery and a great(?) job opportunity - all fell into place.

James 4 vs 10 (the Message) reads:
Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master, it's the only way you'll get on your feet.

This is what I did several months ago and now I find myself contemplating the same requirement - to get serious and do some kneeling before God so that I (again) can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

At church today, the Band commenced with the melody of the words of Charles Wesley:
A charge to keep I have
a God to glorify
a never-dying soul to save
and fit it for the sky

To serve the present age
my calling to fulfill

O may it all my powers engage
To do my Masters will

This has certainly been "stuck" in my mind for several weeks and with my faith being "tested" and my future not so sure, I have been trying to make sense of it all.

My devotional reading for Oct 31 reads:

But we do not earn anything through faith - faith brings us into the right relationship with God and gives Him His opportunity to work. Yet God frequently has to knock the bottom out of your experience as His saint to get you in direct contact with Himself.


1 comment:

  1. Paul, It sounds like you are going on quite a journey at the moment. Trust God He will show you the path chosen in His timing, sometimes this is through doors closing as well as opening. Thanks for challenging me with your last couple of posts, it is easy to get in a comfort zone and watch the world go past at times.
    Bless Ya mate.

    ReplyDelete