Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Change, Anxiety.... Peace

Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message).
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life


I have recently come across an arrangement of a song I didn't know, but the melody was "haunting" enough to stick with me for several months.

I now have in my possession the score and brass band parts for the chorus that was originally found in the Happiness and Harmony publication - The Lord Is Near.

Reading through the words and listening to the melody, I now know why this has become an integral part of my quiet time.

How awesome is the first line - "The Lord is near.... Have no anxiety".

As our journey has been unfolding over the past several months, we have often known how much the grace of God has been near to us - but we have also known (and still do) have the unfortunately feelings of stress and anxiety.  They hit out of the blue - and for no known reason, but as we struggle through these times, I know God is watching over us and his peace is but a prayer away.



I need to get this out of my mind and onto "paper" .... 


Today we saw more changes in our place where we feel most comfortable, welcomed, encouraged and loved.  This has already caused us anxiety and concern for we have no idea what the changes will mean for not only us, but for others too.

I suppose it's only natural to have doubts and concerns, and the unknown can be daunting and confusing, and when we get "disturbed" from our comfortable state - this brings feelings of uneasiness.  We struggle with peace and understanding as to why, and with the consequences these changes have already had on many people - and the potential "issues" this change could have.

Again, I need to stop, be still, and know that this is Gods plan, and that the timing etc. is all part of the greater picture.  I need to believe that people in higher authority have consulted with God (hopefully many, many times) prior to such a change, and that the Kingdom of God is extended here in this place.

The Lord is near, have no anxiety,
Make your requests known to God in prayer,
The Lord is near, have no anxiety,
Make your requests known to God in prayer,

Then the peace of God,
Which is beyond our understanding,
Will keep guard o'er your hearts and thoughts.
Then the peace of God,
Which is beyond our understanding,
Will keep guard o'er your hearts and thoughts.


I must remember, it's not about me.  What ever part we undertake (and wherever it takes us), it will be for His glory and His alone.

Having said all that..... I am more than happy to be a part of the Church at Preston (as much as I didn't want the changes to happen) and to be a support to the leadership team in this place.

May God bless our new Officers and the leadership team of the Salvation Army Preston Corps.
Bring it on !

No comments:

Post a Comment