Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Long Road.....

John 4:5-14 (NIV).
So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph.  Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.  When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?”  (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)  The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)  Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”  “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?  Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?”  Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”


This week has seen me rack up some kilometres in my car as my job has taken me to some country areas of Victoria.

I have been trying to get inspired to Blog this week, but as I have sat in the car (for many hours - traffic is horrendous) and listened to music - nothing has struck me.  The music is awesome and inspired by God but it is now getting familiar and repetitive (I wonder if that's the problem).

I wonder if we sometimes feel that our journey is going nowhere or becoming repetitive and very mundane ? 
Where do we look for inspiration and things that can excite and motivate us ?
Are we happy with our Christian walk ?
Is our daily routine dulling our senses - making it difficult to hear (let alone understand) God's leading ?

It's funny how we can start the climb up in our Christian journey, when something is sent to either trip us up or to stop the journey in its tracks.  It is easy just to give up.  I know, I have thought about it several times this year. (and yes I have Blogged about it too.)

If I have any words of "wisdom" (?) at all about giving up, I certainly would encourage you not too.  Look for inspiration and motivation in different areas - Talk to some one who you trust - I even took up reading.

Having said all that, maybe we should take the time to stop occasionally on this journey - take stock of our vain wanderings and find some peace and added strength to continue life in His name.

I suppose if we are wandering around aimlessly, bored and uninspired, it would be a good time to stop and reinvigorate ourselves - with the objective to get up close and personal with God again, and to continue the journey with Him.

SASB 351.
Life is a journey; long is the road,
And when the noontide is high
Souls that are weary faint 'neath their load,
Long for the waters, and cry:


The well is deep and I require
A draught of the water of life,
But none can quench my soul's desire
For a draught of the water of life;
Till one draws near who the cry will heed,
Helper of men in their time of need,
And I, believing, find indeed
That Christ is the water of life.

Life is a seeking, life is a quest,
Eager and longing desire;
Unto the true things, unto the best,
Godward our spirits aspire.

Life is a finding; vain wand'rings cease
When from the Saviour we claim
All we have longed for, solace and peace,
And we have life in his name.



Lord, give us the assurance that throughout this "journey of life", you are always there.
If we start to wander, pull us up and set our feet on the right path.
Thank you for solace, peace and "life" in your name.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment