Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, October 24, 2010

His Provision.

Hebrews 15:13 (NIV).
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

On Friday morning, on my way to work, I plugged in my iPod and hit the "shuffle" button.  The first song that played was "His Provision".

We are still in the process of trying to understand why tragedy happens and when it effects family, it all becomes difficult to comprehend such events.

As we heard today (at church) it does give us this feeling of where is God in this situation?

You know, it's difficult to drive with tears in yours eyes and praying at the same time !  But I prayed this prayer for Kylie, Braydon and Tyson and the Reeve family on Friday (several times) and it continues to play over and over in my head.

I know I've certainly needed His provision on many occasions this year, but today I want others to know that His provision is available in the day of their despair.

At the moment of my weakness when my need for power is plain,
And my own strength is exhausted once again (once again).
Then my Lord has made provision For the day of my despair,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer (my prayer).
Then my Lord has made provision For the day of my despair,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

Holy Spirit,
Promised presence fall on me.
Holy Spirit,
Make me all I long to be.
Holy Spirit,
Holy Spirit,
Give your power to me O Holy Spirit.

When the darkness falls around me, when bewildered and afraid,
And I feel the most deserted and betrayed (and betrayed).
Then my every need is answered by God's providential care,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer (my prayer).
Then my every need is answered by God's providential care,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

Nothing now can rob God's servant of the peace that he bequeaths.
Nothing take away the strength His presence brings (presence brings).
Of the everlasting arms of love I'm daily made away,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer (my prayer).
Of the everlasting arms of love I'm daily made away,
And His precious Holy Spirit hears my prayer.

Holy Spirit,
Promised presence fall on me.
Holy Spirit,
Make me all I long to be.
Holy Spirit,
Holy Spirit,
Give your power to me O Holy Spirit.
Give your power to me O Holy Spirit.
(Words by General John Gowans)

2 comments:

  1. Inspirational - having sung in the songsters some years ago and found it by accident on YOUTUBE with General Linda Bond calling people to pray while HIS PROVISION was sung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So needed this today. This song has always come to mind when I have needed
    it most.

    ReplyDelete