Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who Do You Trust?

Proverbs 30:5 (The Message)

The believer replied, “Every promise of God proves true; he protects everyone who runs to him for help.


Today I was reminded of the simple song "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus".

I was pondering the things we trust in the world - Friends, family, colleagues, the "system" etc.  Unfortunately, some of these areas let us down and we feel let down, left out and sometimes, even lonely.

I have been put into situations this year that have tested my faith and trust, and have seen my trust in the things of this world diminished considerably.

My faith and trust in the "system" of the corporate world was shattered late last year and my faith in people took a battering.  It was only when I saw that others were in worse (?) situations than me, that I realised that I must take stock of my life and where it was heading and trust God with my (our) future.

I know of others that are going through similar situations at the moment and I pray these words for you this week also.


’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.


Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Prayer:
Let the morning bring me, let the morning bring.
Word of your unfailing, let the morning bring.
I have put my trust in - put my trust in you.
So let the morning bring, your love,
Let the morning bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment