Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Friday, October 29, 2010

More Than Wonderful.

Philippians 3:12-21 (The Message).
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me.  Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus.  I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.  So let’s keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you’ll see it yet!  Now that we’re on the right track, let’s stay on it.  Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal.  There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them. I’ve warned you of them many times; sadly, I’m having to do it again. All they want is easy street. They hate Christ’s Cross.  But easy street is a dead-end street. Those who live there make their bellies their gods; belches are their praise; all they can think of is their appetites.  But there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven! We’re waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ,  who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He’ll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.


I have been reviewing  my Blog over the past several days, and I have felt I needed a song to sum up where I'm at today.

Although things look fairly "normal" on the outside and to many we seem to be doing OK, we certainly have a long way to go.  Don't get me wrong, we have certainly moved way past circumstances that have caused us some pain over this year, but we know we still have a long way to go.

Writing this Blog and reflecting on verses of scripture and words of songs as given me a greater peace within and a thirst to know more of what God wants for my life.

I am looking forward to finishing the year well and can't wait for what 2011 will bring, not only for me, but my family too.


He promised us that He would be a counselor,
A Mighty God and the Prince of Peace.
He promised us that He would be a Father,
And that He would love us with a love that would not cease.

Well, I tried Him and I found His promises are true.
He’s everything He said that He would be.
The finest words I know could not begin to tell
Just how much Jesus really means to me.

For He’s more wonderful than my mind can conceive.
He’s more wonderful than my heart can believe.
He goes beyond my highest hopes and fondest dreams.
He’s everything that my soul ever longed for,
He's everything He’s promised and so much more.
More than amazing, more than marvelous,
More than miraculous could ever be,
He’s more than wonderful, that’s what Jesus is to me.

I stand amazed when I think that the King of glory,
Should come to live within the heart of man.
I marvel just to know He really loves me
When I think of who He is, and who I am.

For He’s more wonderful than my mind can conceive,
He’s more wonderful than my heart can believe,
He goes beyond my highest hopes and fondest dreams.
He’s everything that my soul ever longed for,
He's everything He’s promised and so much more.
More than amazing, more than marvelous,
More than miraculous could ever be,
He’s more than wonderful, that’s what Jesus is to me.

He’s everything that my soul ever longed for,
He's everything He’s promised and so much more.
More than amazing, more than marvelous,
More than miraculous could ever be,
He’s more than wonderful, that’s what Jesus is to me.


Thank you Jesus, for meeting me just where I am.
I thank you for your peace through trying times and comfort when I needed it most.
Lord, continue to reveal your plans for me in your word and in song.
Give me understanding and discernment of your word, and the willingness to follow it.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment