Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Help is on the way.

James 1:5 (Message).
If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it.

I found this verse a few weeks ago whilst looking through the book of James.  I highlighted it for this weekend as Monday brings a new era of employment, and hopefully a new era of "service" for God.

I laughed as I read the first part of this verse as I thought of the upcoming weeks.  My background is in Logistics and has been for over 18 years.  The new role is Public Relations with a focus on Wills and Bequests.  Strange move you may say, but it has been an interesting journey over the past 8 months to get to this point in my "career".

If you have been following this Blog, you would be aware of my questioning and my "leaning" towards playing a part in The Salvation Army's work - in some capacity.

I am certain this is the right path in my journey and have spent many times asking for HELP.  I am glad God loves to help when we ask and I am happy that he is not condescending when I ask.

Verse 2 of song 519 reads:

Help me the slow of heart to move
By some clear, winning word of love;
Teach me the wayward feet to stay,
And guide them in the homeward way.

I have prayed this for myself - as well as for others;
Help MY slow heart to move.
Teach me MY wayward feet to stay - and guide ME in the homeward way.

The song is found in the Consecration and Service section in the Song Book and is my prayer for today.

O Master, let me walk with thee
In lowly paths of service free;
Tell me thy secret; help me bear
The strain of toil, the fret of care.

Help me the slow of heart to move
By some clear, winning word of love;
Teach me the wayward feet to stay,
And guide them in the homeward way.

Teach me thy patience; still with thee
In closer, dearer company,
In work that keeps faith sweet and strong,
In trust that triumphs over wrong;

In hope that sends a shining ray
Far down the future's broadening way,
In peace that only thou canst give,
For thee, O Master, let me live.
Washington Gladden (1836-1918)

Thank you God for listening to my problems.  I am grateful for your patience and guidance.  As you are constantly helping me in my journey, help me to be able to help others in theirs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment