Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Thursday, July 29, 2010

He's Ever Over Me.

Psalm 121 (NLT).

1 I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
3 He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.
5 The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

During our time in Townsville (FNQ) we were introduced to a Worship Chorus that held great meaning for us whilst we we in the "tropics" and far from home.

The weather, the location, the family being miles away and no idea what we where getting ourselves into - all made for some interesting times.

I will lift my eyes to the hill and their Creator,
Who made all heaven and earth.
For he watches me, will not sleep, no never slumber,
He's ever over me.

As I come and I go, I am safe for I know,
That his care is sufficient for me.
Winter warmth and light, and a shady place in summer,
He's ever over me.

What an awesome thought - God is watching over us all the time.
Whether we want it or not!
Whether we believe it or not!

Today at the THQ Prayer Meeting, we reflected on the words of the Psalm, and immediately I was reminded about our time in FNQ and the journey we took in that place.

God was watching over us there. He was watching us in Tasmania, and I know He is watching over us in Melbourne.

Thank you God for I know you are with me always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment