Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wisdom

James 3:13 & 17.
13  Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here’s what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It’s the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts.

17  Real wisdom, God’s wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced.

I was reminded by the words made famous by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli - And help us to be wise, in times when we don't know.

Sometimes it's easy to think we know best; When we talk, everyone should listen!

I have often wondered if I am "in tune" with what God is trying to say, and is the way I live, seen to be "wise" by others around me.

One of my favourite choruses reads;

If on my soul a trace of sin remaineth,
If on my hands a strain may yet be seen.
If one dark thought a wearied mind retaineth,
O wash me Lord, till every part be clean.
For I would live that men may see thyself in me.
I would in faith ascend thy holy hill.
And with my thoughts in tune with thy divinity,
Would learn how best to do thy holy will.
SACB72

In trying to ascertain what God is saying to me this year, I have spent a lot of time reading, Blogging and meditating on Gods' word through the scriptures and well as songs inspired by God himself.  I have found great inspiration through these mediums and will continue to make this a part of my daily routine as life's journey heads in a new direction next week.

Discipline is the key to being a Disciple!

Having said that - I still wonder if I am any the wiser in the way I should live.

By committing to reading, praying and listening to God on a regular basis, many short-comings in the way I live have hit me fair between the eyes, but, I have had some awesome 'revelations" too.

Let this be my/your/our prayer;

I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go,
And help us to be wise, in times when we don't know.
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way.
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe.

I pray we'll find your light, and hold it in our hearts.
When stars go out each night.
Let this be our prayer, when shadows fill our day.
Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace.
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

We ask that life be kind, and watch us from above.
We hope each soul will find, another soul to love.
Let this be our prayer, just like every child.
Needs to find a place, guide us with your grace.
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

Thank you God for your awesome revelations in my daily meditation.  Help me to be wise - Help me to live a holy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment