Listen To My Podcast


" My best for the Highest "

Monday, July 5, 2010

My Expectations vs. Trust In God

How often do my frustrations come to the fore when the lack of planning and/or preparation seem to make things "go astray".  To say yesterday's church service went to plan is probably an understatement - Many things went off without a hitch - very good - but some things just didn't work.

Where do I start ?  Planning - Preparation - Communication.?

How easy it is to think (or say) that things didn't go to plan - who are we to question why ?  Are we so in tune with God that we know everything ?  Perhaps it was meant to go like that ?

I was reminded this morning of two verses from Proverbs.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (The Message)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track.

I have always been a planner - I love a clean whiteboard and love to project manage things from the initial concept stage to it's completion.  I pride myself in getting the job done and, if for any reason, things don't go to plan, it might be back to the drawing board, but I love the challenge to get things completed.

I also like to be prepared - sometimes weeks in advance if necessary, especially when preparing for worship - Sunday's can be frustrating at times, people wanting more of your time than you have, issues arising that are out of your control, people unavailable to assist due to illness or forgetting to tell you they are away (and the list goes on). To be unprepared doesn't help my frame of mind heading into a worship service.  We try to have some quiet time before the service, but this seems to be rushed too.

This morning I was reminded of a simple song about trusting that God knows best and even if our ideas and preparations didn't quite go plan - God is still in control

1. 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take him at his word;
Just to rest upon his promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!

2. O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust his cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

3. Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

4. I'm so glad I learned to trust thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, friend;
And I know that thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.


Prayer for today:
O for grace to trust him more

No comments:

Post a Comment